We are looking for a Medior Power BI Developer to assist with the implementation of Power BI.
You will be responsible for the development of new and existing Power BI datasets and reports.
You will investigate potential improvements in performance of the (Direct Query) reports to increase productivity. Additionally, you will aid in the implementation of best practices within and the structure of the Power BI environment.
To that end, the following skills are required for this position:
- Experience with Power BI desktop and the Power BI service
- Knowledge and understanding of frequently used DAX functions
- CALCULATE, RANK, DATESYTD, …
- Knowledge of Power Query
- Dashboarding & visualization experience (general report design, buttons, bookmarks, field parameters)
- Knowledge of Kimball Data modelling and the creation of datasets within Power BI
- Experience with the configuration of datasets and reports in the Power BI service (access, refreshes, …)
Additionally, the following skills are considered a nice plus for the job:
- A feel for dashboard/report lay-out and visualizing diverse types of data
- Experience with SQL
- Familiarity with the Power Query M language
- Familiarity with several data sources (Snowflake, SQL server, Teradata)
- Knowledge of Power BI Paginated Reports or SQL Server Reporting Services
- Good documentation skills
You will be working in a multinational environment and as part of a multilingual team. As such, you are required to be fluent in both English and Dutch.