I-Series (IBM System-I, AS/400) software engineer
We are currently looking for a consultant I-Series (AS/400) software engineer for its I-Series Software Solutions department for a temporary mission in Diegem.
In an international environment, the software engineer will be integrated in the current development & support team, some 30 people strong.
The team develops and maintains in-house solutions for international transportation and customs declaration business requirements.
The software engineer will assume an application development & maintenance role reporting to a Software Solutions team leader.
His main tasks will be, within the context of the team methodologies, procedures, guidelines and standards:
- to be part of project teams developing new solutions
- perform software analysis, build, unit testing, UAT support
- when applicable, to provide or update software specifications, test cases, and documentation
- to investigate issues within the I-Series applications, research and detail solutions
- ability to work both independently & in team
- ability to work under stress
- good communication skills
- good analytical skills
- organized and familiar with operating within standard project management methodology frameworks such as agile
- good knowledge of English (verbal & written) is essential
- local (central Belgium) residence is strongly preferred
- at least 5 years’ experience in software analysis & development on I-Series
- programming languages: thorough knowledge of SQL and RPG ILE (free) including embedded SQL
- knowledge of XML, in general and in an RPG-context
- knowledge of web services/SOAP in an RPG-context
- knowledge of Stored Procedures
- familiar with PC windows MS office
- knowledge representing an asset:
- communication methods on I-Series: MQ series, FTP, DDM, IFS
- RPG/400 or older
- knowledge of JSON, particularly in an RPG context
- HTML (5)
- familiarity with a software change management system, preferably ALDON Lm(i)
- familiarity with team collaboration tools such as Atlassian Jira & Confluence
- usage of IBM Rational Developer and IBM Data Studio
- IBM API’s